AREAS OF WORK
The main tasks and duties of the Office are the following:
– inter-ministerial cooperation, in the framework of which the Office examines, in terms of conformity with the Constitution and the national legal system and the Acquis Communautaire, and in terms of the rules of legal technique, the law proposals and other acts submitted by the Government to the National Assembly of the Republic of Slovenia and those acts for which the National Assembly seeks the opinion of the Government, as well as proposals for legal acts of the Government and draft legal acts of ministers, addresses issues related to the development of the legal system and, in cooperation with the Government and line ministries, provides for the implementation of constitutionality and legality, and carries out comparative studies of the law of other countries and international organisations;
– legal drafting, in the framework of which the Office formulates rules of legal technique in drafting law proposals and other acts that the Government proposes to the National Assembly, as well as legal acts of the Government and ministers;
– carries out the notification of national regulations which have been adopted in order to ensure the transposition of directives into the law of the Republic of Slovenia, and report accordingly to the Government, monitors and examines the influence of the Acquis Communautaire on the national legal order and issues related to the implementation of the Acquis Communautaire, and monitors the implementation of the Government's working programme in terms of the EU law;
– prepares, in collaboration with line ministries, the positions of the Republic of Slovenia in infringement procedures initiated by the European Commission;
– publishes the Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, ensures the publication of regulations of the Government and ministers in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, and manages, controls and coordinates the Legal Information System of the Republic of Slovenia;
– performs other tasks commissioned by the Government and valid legislation, for example coordinates the project of providing the Slovenian version of the historic case-law of the Court of the European Union.